Hi Careblazer! Today I am talking about how to manage difficult caregiver emotions. Actually, I suppose I’m really talking about how to to accept some of those difficult emotions a natural part of the caregiving journey so that you don’t beat yourself up over them.
As you know, being a dementia caregiver is HARD. Many times, you make it even harder by holding yourself to some unrealistic expectations that are impossible to achieve. Like for example, you may feel that you should never get frustrated or never lose your cool. You are human and being human comes along with a whole wide range of emotions. As shared in this video, you sometimes cause so much suffering in your life simply because you feel that you shouldn’t have any suffering.
Does this sound familiar to you? Accept the ups and downs that come alone with living in this world and caring for a loved one with dementia. But also know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and if you feel that you are feeling down for too long or that you are starting to question the worth of your life, you should get help immediately. Here are 2 numbers that you can call any day, any night.
Alzheimer’s Support Line (this is for anyone caring for someone with dementia to get help, resources, and a lending ear). 800.272.3900
24/7 Crisis line: 1-800-273-8255
I hope you find today’s video helpful.
If you want to kickstart your ability to handle difficult dementia caregiver moments: https://www.careblazers.com/pl/79176
If you want to support the CAREBLAZER movement: https://www.patreon.com/Careblazers
If your want your personal dementia caregiver survival guide click here: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pa...
If you want to sign up for the upcoming LIVE Care Class that I am planning, click here:
https://www.careblazers.com/p/registr...
Brooke Castillo's amazing podcast on suffering and pain: https://thelifecoachschool.com/137/
Be sure to find Careblazers on FB and instagram. @careblazers
In case you haven’t met me, my name is Natali Edmonds and I am a board certified geropsychologist. That means that I am a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with older adults. In my job, I help people with dementia, and their caregivers, by visiting them in their own homes and helping them cope through the many struggles of caring for someone with dementia. I have always wanted to help more people than is possible for me in a work day. One day, while hiking a trail, I came up with the idea for Careblazers and I decided to see if posting videos online could provide help to the many other Careblazers in the world who don’t get to have help come directly to them in their homes. This channel is for anyone caring for a loved one with any type of dementia (Frontotemporal dementia, vascular dementia, Lewy Body dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.) I do this in my spare time. I hope that this work helps you in some way on your caregiving journey.
dementia care matters How to deal with difficult dementia caregiver emotions | |
| 116 Likes | 116 Dislikes |
| 1,864 views views | 24.4K followers |
| Education | Upload TimePublished on 23 Sep 2018 |
Related keywords
dementia care central,dementia caregiver support,dementia care plan,dementia care uk,dementia care specialist,dementia care nz,dementia care homes,dementia care singapore,dementia carers,dementia care near me,dementia caregiver support group,dementia caregiver,dementia care auckland,dementia care training,dementia care costs,dementia caregiver stress,dementia care mapping,dementia care australia,dementia carers count,
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét